Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness Muscle

It is Thanksgiving once again. The time of year when we all reflect on how thankful we are for the gifts, joys, and blessings in our lives. Many of us have so much to be thankful for: we have family, we have friends, we have health, we have love. Often times though, in our hectic lives, we take each of these things for granted and we never even meditate on them at all. The truth is, if we stop to think about it, even the very act of breathing, alone, is worth all the thankfulness we can possibly muster. 

If you have breath that means you are alive and that means you should be thankful. I know I write a great deal about being made to move and regaining the strength we were born with, but even if we never lay hold to that realization, though we strive for it, we still have hope. And hope is something to be thankful for. Even our thoughts of becoming more than we are should give us reason to be thankful because we are alive - we want to become greater, we want to swim upstream instead of float downstream. We know that the process of growth is worth the struggle. 

Having said all of this, here are some not-too-often-thought-of things we should be thankful for: 

Desire, imagination, goals, courage, determination, knowledge, passion, tenacity, perseverance, hope, faith, patience, love, sun light, rainbows, flowers, sun sets, blue skies, green grass, clear lungs, laughter, sweet sleep, the smell of coffee, ....

Like I said, these may be not-too-often-thought-of. The truth is, this list doesn't even scratch the surface. I bet we could have an infinite list if we tried. And, an infinite list of things to be thankful for, is also something to be thankful for. 

All I am trying to say is that each of us have more than enough to be thankful for and each of us should spend more than just a certain time of year to be thankful. Every single day is a blessing and no matter what is going on in our lives, every day should be a day of Thanksgiving.

Here is a list of things I am particularly thankful for:

Jesus
My wife
My kids
My friends
Becoming Bulletproof
The people I've met because of BB
My health
Spider-man crawling!
Hair dryers - LONG STORY, but I know you are a little curious.
Food
People that actually read this blog - really, very thankful...

Anyway, if you haven't thought of all the things you have to be thankful for, maybe you should. It can be a great exercise in building your thankfulness muscles. It is way too easy to let the cares of the world weigh us down and rob us of all we have to be thankful for. I will wager that if you practice thinking on the things you have to be thankful for every day, you will indeed build up your thankfulness muscle and you will get even closer to truly becoming bulletproof.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

TA

4 comments:

john g said...

It's so easy to get sidetracked with the "busyness" of life and lose sight of what is truly important.

I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

John! It is great to hear from you!

I hope you and your family also have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tim

Unknown said...

I plan on being a personal trainer on becoming bulletproof. i plan on teaching HIT routines and HIRT routines and anything else amazing i find. my customers will be part of my family/community. I see what you mean about having a community.oh and how do i become a personal trainer?

Unknown said...

James,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'll email you about becoming a personal trainer.

If you make your customers part of your family/community, you will be a most successful trainer.

Tim