Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas has already ended! I just can't seem to slow it down and hold on to it. It was a great Christmas though. I hope yours was as well. I learned a couple of things this Christmas that I didn't know before:


Did you know a rock makes a great Christmas gift? Seriously, my father in law gave me an 85 pound rock for Christmas. I have to tell you that I was probably more excited about that than any other gift I received. Is that weird? The rock works great too! I let it put me through the paces of an early morning workout the day after Christmas. Again, an awesome gift. I love my rock.


Did you know a frisbee golf disc should not be caught with your mouth? I learned this on Christmas afternoon. Those things hurt! A trip to the ER on Christmas day always makes for fun future stories! "Do you remember the Christmas Tim got hit with a frisbee golf disc...." 


I also learned that no matter how old I get (i'm 36 now), I still can't sleep on Christmas eve with all the excitement and anticipation. I think that is a good thing. It is good to feel like a kid every now and then. Truth is, i feel like one most days anyway, but Christmas really highlights the kid in me. 


Again, I hope you had a great Christmas and that you have a blessed 2012.


Today's work/play session:


A1 - Double bottoms up squats w/ 2-24kgs: 5 x 10 sets
A2 - Pushups w/ feet elevated on blocks: 10 x 10 sets
B2 - Deadlifted my new rock! : 10 x 10 sets - not heavy, but a grip challenge.
B3 - Pull-ups: 7 x 10 sets
C - Ran for approximately 11 minutes and 37 seconds. I was back where I wanted to stop... 


Have a great one.


Tim

No comments: