Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

If I could list all the things I am thankful for it would fill up this page. If I could list all the things I HAVE to be thankful for, it would fill up a library. There aren't enough words to even come close for me to be able to express all that I have to be thankful for. I have truly been blessed. So much so that it seems odd to really reflect and be thankful once a year on Thanksgiving. 

The truth is every day should be Thanksgiving. Just as every day should be Christmas. Can you imagine? What a wonderful world this would be! 

To be honest, I really am thankful for the blessings I have been given quite often, but not as often as I should be if the truth be told. In fact, I have many wonderful blessings that I often take for granted. It is easy for me to just gloss over wonderful gifts in my life as if I just deserved them. And truly, I don't deserve anything. But here is the beautiful thing: though I take my blessings and life for granted, and often treat them as if I deserved them, God still loves me - unconditionally - and he blesses me anyway. God has never abandoned me even though I often take His gift for granted. What a wonderful Love. 

And for that Love, I am thankful.  

So, Here is a very short list of other things I am thankful for: ;)

I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful kids who love me. 

My friend Mike and I ( along with God ) wrote Becoming Bulletproof, and it has been a wonderful experience. I could not have imagined how well it would be received. I could write a book, alone, about all the people and stories I've met and learned as a result of putting Becoming Bulletproof out there. I have made many, many new friends. What a gift!

I got to resign from my "job" and do what I love to do: Train / teach people how to move.

I am grateful for my health! I know, that's probably a shocker coming from me....

Here is today's Thanksgiving Play session:

90 pound sandbag front squats superset with pull-ups: 
1 and 1, 2 and 2, 3 and 3, ...10 and 10, 9 and 9, 8 and 8, .... 1 and 1 - all total, it was 100 reps of each 
The hardest thing was continually having to pick up the sandbag!

Pushup plank for 10 minutes.

That is all I got!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tim




1 comment:

Unknown said...

John,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
I did mean ten minutes in the pushup position. It isn't too bad if you give your mind something to do.

Thanks again,
Tim