Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Left out Variable to Becoming Bulletproof!

It turns out that Mike and I left out a very important variable to becoming bulletproof: Sleep! We need to sleep to stay healthy, strong, and mentally sharp. We probably left this out of the book because we weren't getting enough!

In the book, The 5 essential Elements of Wellbeing, they suggest that we should get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per night. The average person only gets 6.7 hours. Getting to little sleep can adversely effect your health. Your hormones may get out of whack, your immune system my plummet, and you may not be able to retain all of the information you learned the day before. Getting too much sleep (more than 9 hours) can also be bad for you as well.

When you sleep, your body recovers and your brain connects all the dots of the day. Sleep is a reset button. A button that we need to press every day, or every night. ;)

Today's workout was fun. I crawled backwards like spider-man for 80 yards while dragging a 168 pound chain. Then I did it again with a 96 pound chain. After that, I Battled the Ropes with some velocity training: 10 solid minutes at 100 waves per minute. Good Stuff!

Here is a video of what a backwards spider-man crawl while dragging a 96lb chain looks like:
Exercises like this and more are in the Beyond Bodyweight Training System DVD. For more information, check out www.BattlingRopes.com.


Have a great day.

Tim

2 comments:

Chuck said...

film the backwards spiderman crawl....i want to see that

Unknown said...

Chuck,

I'll try to get my flip cam out this week. If you'd like, send me your email address and I'll let you know when I post the video.

Tim
TAsfitness@earthlink.net