Monday, October 4, 2010

Crash

Thats what I did, I crashed. 2 weeks prior to renewing my RKC 1 and 2, I got nervous. Don't know why, but if it was as if I was getting ready for a big competition. In a way, I was. I was competing against myself and I wanted to nail all the tests. So I had this nervous anticipation for 2 weeks before the Dan John / Pavel workshop and I wasn't sleeping good at all. On the weekend of the workshop, I was in a hotel and the nerves were still high. NO sleep for me. I nailed my tests. At least I was satisfied with how I performed anyway. 


The night I got home I suddenly remembered I was supposed to get braces put on my teeth the next day. Again, no sleep for me. So I got braces. Guess what, I couldn't sleep all week because I grind my teeth when I sleep and they are very sore from the braces. So I kept waking up all through the night every night and then on Saturday I crashed. My body was not my own. It felt like crap; I felt like crap. All I wanted to do was crawl in a bed. So on Saturday evening, in the middle of a huge family gathering, I went to bed. And I stayed there for over 12 hours. (i normally only sleep 7 hours at night) Sunday, I was still sluggish and laid around most of the day. But then, Sunday evening I started to feel like me again. 


Today, I am back baby! What have I learned from this? There is no substitute for sleep and rest. You can run from sleep only so long, eventually you will pay a price. The lesson is learned, but I still have sore teeth! Don't know how much quality sleep I will get. 


Anyway, today I feel good again.


Today's workout:
10/4/2010
Overhead Squat practice: 85 lbs x 4, 95 lbs x 4, 4
Dead Lift w/ 225 lbs x 3, 2, 3, 2 - getting the groove...
KB Press w/ 24kg: 5/5, 5/5
Pull-up w/ 16kg: 3, 4, 3 - super easy!
Dbl Cleans w/ 24kgs: 10 x 4 sets
Hanging Leg Raise x 3, 4, 3 - really easy too.
Suitcase walks w/ 32kgs: 100 steps per side x 3 sets


Again, feeling good...

No comments: