Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Day with John Brookfield

I have the good fortune of being friends with John Brookfield, the creator of the Battling Ropes system. He is also "Mr. Hands"; executor of feats of strength, grip, and a ton of other amazing accomplishments. I also have the misfortune of being friends with John Brookfield! He likes for me to come workout with him every now and then, and he always breaks me down like a double-barrelled shotgun. 


John is amazing. He has no physical limits. He sets his mind on a task and completes his task; regularly making a superhuman feat look like an everyday thing for him. In John's world, the mind is the muscle. He makes a mental decision and his body has NO choice but to follow his mind's lead. I have learned a lot from John about the power of the mind. I have learned a lot from John about life. John cannot fail because in his mind failure is never even an option. It never enters his mind. He is amazing. We could all learn from John.


Training:


8/26/10 - Day with John. I'm so worked I don't need to train again for a month!


8/27/10 - I'm crazy! I train anyway... 
A1 - TGU w/ 24kg: 3/3 x 4
A2 - Contra Single Leg Deadlifts w/ 24kg: 5/5
B - Chest opening Windmill w/ 24kg: 5/5 x 2
C - Double Jerks w/ 24s: 5 x 6
It's a light/deload day today. 


8/28/10 - Bodyweight and Sprint day. That's the plan anyway. To be continued...

No comments: