Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swing On, Johnny!

Yep, I'm finishing up my block of swing training today. I'll be working on my Bottoms Up training for the next two weeks after today. I am digging the block training for right now. I get to really work on a few exercises every two weeks or so and then I get a break from those while I focus on some other exercises. For the past two weeks, I've really been focused on my swings. Two weeks from now, I'll get focused on them again.

The cool thing is, with block training, I am really "focusing" on my skills. Well, maybe it's just me. But whatever the case, lately, I'm really trying to dial in and learn from my training.

This week Betsy and I get to go look at a rough edit of our video. The camera won't lie, so this could be interesting! We've also been working on a manual to go along with our video. The cool think about that is my typing skills are really improving.

Today's training looked like this:

7 step TGU practice w/ 16kg x 5/5 for each of the 7 Steps
TGU w/ 16kg x 5/5 - basically i did about 20 minutes of Turkish Get-up work.
Swings w/ 16kg: 15/15 x 4
Snatches w/ 16kg: 10/10x 5
2H Swings w/ 16kg: 25 x 4

As you can see, today was my light day. The load was light, the focus was high! And, when I was done, I felt great. Thats the sign of a good session.

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Rapid Results Fitness - Betsy Collie said...

you are the best I mean beast, no best! Hey you! Borrow the beast and swing away!Looking forward to our next edit and pow-wow. Things are shaping up and I couldn't be more honored to work with you! You inspire me to be better and lift me up in a positive, genuine way! Thanks for understanding this week!

Unknown said...

Betsy, you had me at "hello." I love you too!