Sunday, September 23, 2007

New Week - New Issue

Well, last week was interesting. Monday I had that great snatch workout. Tuesday was pretty awesome too. During my workout, I did double military presses for 2 sets of 2 reps with 2(32kg)! I was overjoyed to say the least. I only weigh 160 lbs now and the elbows felt great. I guess all those get-ups helped me keep my strength, or even made me stronger.

Then on thursday I did another press workout, only with the 24kgs, and my shoulder started feeling weird. Thursday afternoon, i cant even raise my arm over my head. My teres minor seems angry at me for some reason. Good news: i'm no longer focused on my elbow. Bad news: i'm focused on my shoulder. Good news: it'll be okay, i'm learning to use Z health and i know some great kettlebell exercises for the shoulder.

This could be a blessing in disguise, i may keep getting smarter and smarter if i keep getting these annoying inconveniences...
Oh well, time to go do some toe pulls.

I'll keep posting the events of this coming week. I'm curious to see how it works out my self.

6 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

32kg press did somethng similar to me, and I've laying off for couple months til I get my form right.

This is telling for 32kg press, everything has to be perfect isn't it?

Unknown said...

Taikei, i'm learning that everything has to be perfect for every move. Can't loose my focus... I just wish the lessons did not always have to come from my mistakes and pain.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Well, you experiencing pain and your clients don't have to learn from pain.

May be part of our job.

Franz Snideman said...

Nice job on the pressing the double 32kgs!

Lying on a tennis ball and releasing your posterior shoulder (teres minor, teres major, infraspinatus, lat) could do you wonders!

And the Z of course!

Unknown said...

Franz,
Thanks for the tip. That feels great. I need to call you soon. Hope all is well. Are you feeling better?

Franz Snideman said...

Tim,

yes feeling better bro, thanks!