Friday, August 24, 2007

Another Week

Well, training this week was interesting. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were pretty much carbon copies of last week's training. Thursday and Friday, however, were different. Different for two reasons:

1) I didn't feel like doing anything. Nothing. This never happens, I never feel like doing nothing. I must be tired, or toast.
2) I did something anyway and actually had what I would call 2 great workouts. Go figure.

Both Thursday and Friday I didn't want to do what I did last week, and I just felt zapped. But thursday morning a voice in my head (I'm really certain it wasn't my own voice.) said "try presses today, but keep it light." So, I did. I pressed the 16kg. I know, big whoop. But it was a big whoop. It didn't hurt my elbows. It felt good. And, it felt great to focus on total tension and get my lats flaring like Cobras. Oh yes, Cobras.

That made Thursday great. But, I have to give credit to that voice. It wasn't my idea to press. I've been afraid to do it.

Thursday's Show:

A1-Pistols w/ 16kg x 4/4, 4/4, 4/4
A2-MP w/ 16kg x 5/5, 5/5, 5/5
B1-Single Leg DL w/ 2(16kg) x 5/5, 5/5, 5/5
B2-DBL MP w/ 2(16kg) x 5, 5, 5
C1-Windmill w/ 24kg x 3/3, 3/3, 3/3
(I snatched it up into position-bonus...)
C2-Buttoms Up Press w/ 16kg x 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

Again, it all felt great. Yeah for me.

Friday was similar to last Friday, but when i did my TGU's I started from standing and I snatched up the 32kg into position.
No pain, Yeah again for me. Don't know why i tried this, i just did...

Friday's Show:

TGU w/ 32kg
2/2 x 4 sets

Swings w/ 24kg for 10 minutes
30/30
20/20
15/15
10/10
10/10
15/15
5/5
210 total

I wasn't tired (winded) but the burn in the butt and hamstrings was a set stopper...

Anyway, things are looking up and I am feeling good.

See ya.



2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

being able to come back and do, without pain, something that was causing pain is a great thing.well done.

Unknown said...

Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke and i can keep easing into it. I don't want this to be a 2 steps forward 3 steps back thing. I'm really good at the 3 steps back part.