Saturday, July 21, 2007

Easy Does It.


Today, I kept it easy. Simple. All I did was joint mobility drills followed by light Bent Presses and Pistols. I paid careful attention to how I picked up the kettlebells each time, assisting each hand with the other hand. Trying to ensure I don't aggrivate the elbows. I gave myself one rule: if it hurts, or feels uncomfortable, DON'T DO IT. And for once, I listened to myself. Lucky for me, it didn't hurt! But only because I used light KB's, was careful and not willing to push anything...

A1-Bent Press with 24kg 5/5 x 4 sets
A2-Pistols with 16kg 3/3 x 4 sets

After that I went and ran sprints. More than one way to skin a cat... I'll get an anaerobic workout without using my grippers. (I think kettlebells are easier than sprints.) Oh well, nothing fancy but it feels effective; to me anyway...

8 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

tim, doing snatch holds with the wrist allowed to bend a bit will stretch out those flexors as well, jsut be carefull you dont tweak the wrist.

Unknown said...

Thanks Rif. I appreciate the tip.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Tim, I have been through the same stuff with my elbows. To much rock climbing and KBs at the same time. I found working the extensors helped some as well as the stuff Rif has said. Take a rubber band off some veggies place it over your fingers and open the fingers. You can add more rubber bands as needed.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Doug, thanks for the tip. I just bought some rubber bands today. I take it your elbows got better?

It's good to hear from you.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Tim, I was amazed and moved by your wife's testimonial that I read on Mark's blog. And even more inspired by her comment about it.

I don't know if I'll have time to expand my thoughts about it, but I would like to share it on my blog. OK?

This "kettlebell thing" is just beginning! I'm very excited to be a part of it.

Unknown said...

Tracy, what's mine is yours. Use anything you like. I told Addie, she's happy to share also. Kettlebells; who knew?

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Yes, they get fired up now and again but not bad